Wednesday, September 11, 2013

I hope you will enjoy the show.

Welcome to That One Gay Loser.
Don't worry. The name will grow on you.

I'm your blogmaster, a decidedly average 25 year old who doesn't really fit the gay mold. Not that there necessarily is a mold...but if there was...I'm sure I wouldn't fit it. I'm just a guy with opinions. Some of them are popular, some of them aren't, and some are gonna get me chewed out. But they're my opinions and I stick by them. Here on TOGL, you'll find my musings about gay life, not-so-gay life, and everything in between.

The moment I decided to write TOGL, I was net-hopping for a gay-penned blog with a little more depth than the average one. Let's just say my success was limited. It was a tad frustrating, really. How many posts in one day can one really enjoy when the primary topic is some celebrity with his shirt off? Are we that vapid? Are we that shallow? Why should I even care? The reason I care is because none of that stuff is for me. Some of us don't care about all that. Some of us have deeper intentions for reading a blog. I once had an English teacher who told me that the reason people become writers is because they have ideas they don't feel are represented enough; they feel like something is missing. And that's exactly why I began writing TOGL. A gay-penned blog that isn't inundated with shirtless man pictures? Who'da thunk it?!

Even Lady Gaga feels
like a loser sometimes.
I feel ya, sister!
About the name. Do I really think I'm a loser? Nah. Do I feel like one sometimes? Of course. Don't we all? Call me a pessimist, but I've grown weary of reading overly optimistic blogs about how everything is sunshine and rainbows and how we all need to join hands and love one another. Those things are all well and good, but sometimes life just bites the big one. Work sucks, relationships fail, and there's turmoil all over the planet. And in the midst of it all, there's me: a bitter twenty-something who can't get a date. Loooosssseeeerrrr. This blog isn't about perpetuating negativity, though. It's about life and the human experience. And some of life is indeed negative.

Life is hard, but it's harder when you're gay. As gay people, we have to have a different way of thinking and going about certain things. And as a gay blogger, I want TOGL to have a great deal to do with gay life from unfair dating practices to my complete and utter disdain for drag queens (that's right, they scare me). You can agree or disagree, but the content of this blog is ultimately decided by me, not by criticisms. That being said, I'm not as big of a tool as this initial post indicates. I'm really quite friendly.

To anyone who may be reading this, keep watching this spot and look for updates to this blog often.

Sincerely,
That one gay loser,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment